It’s just the first week in October and here in Boston, pumpkins and gourds have started to appear on stoops. Residents are beginning to dress their homes in Halloween costumes. Spend anytime in Boston around Halloween and you quickly find out that Salem, MA is host to many holiday related events. Going to Salem on Halloween is almost like a pilgrimage for many revelers, and this year will likely be no different. Not into the Salem scene? Here are some other ways to celebrate the holiday:
- If your family loves Halloween and enjoys going to the zoo, then head over to the Stone Zoo October 20, 2012 or October 21, 2012 for Boo at the Zoo. In addition to creepy crafts and ghoulish games, there will be a haunted maze and trick or treating. Can’t make it that weekend, or had so much fun you want to do it again? You’re in luck as the event will be repeated at the Franklin Park Zoo on October 27, 2012 or October 28, 2012. At the Franklin Zoo they’re calling it a Zoo Howl.
- You’re never to young to dress up and celebrate Halloween that why Boston Babies’ is holding their 2nd Annual Halloween Brunch. Brunch will take place that The Ritz-Carlton on Sunday, October 14, 2012.
- While Salem MA may not be your thing, maybe a tour of the haunted ship USS Salem will delight. This tour runs all month-long and your tour guides are members of the RTS Paranormal. Please note that this tour is not recommended for children under 16.
- If Halloween’s just another excuse for a party, then the Halloween Bar Crawl might be right up your alley. The crawl is on October 27, 2012 and costumes aren’t required but definitely welcomed.
- See different side of the Freedom Trail by taking the Boston Night Tour. Although this tour runs every Thursday through Monday night, it seems especially appropriate on Halloween. This tour focuses on documented encounters with the paranormal and is led by guides who have been on real paranormal investigations.
- Halloween party central. For links to all the best Halloween parties in the area, check out BeforeLastCall.com